[etni] [FWD: Re: bagrut checking]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:20:42 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: bagrut checking
From: judyastary@xxxxxxxxx

Hi Hanna,
I admit it is not easy if you teach full time. The ministry relies on the fact
that most teachers are working less towards the end of the year. When the exams
fell later in the year - mid June say, it was less probalematic but now, bec.
of Moed Beth, it's a rush to get it all done and there is a lot of pressure.
However, there are huge benefits, both financial and pedagogical, not to
mention social. You get to know a whole new crowd of teachers and it opens your
eyes to what goes on with Bagrut exams. This is a huge benefit to a Bagrut
teacher. It really brings you down to earth so to speak.
Don't forget that as a new marker, you would be given a couple of half batches
to start with. I would definitely recommend trying it. Only under the following
circumstances would I be less encouraging:
- You hate anything to do with computers
- you have several young children at home
- You cannot mark more than ten exam papers a day!
- You are a very slow marker/reader.
Even so, give it a shot.
Good Luck

Chana wrote:
>I have a question about the ministry's search for teachers who want
to check bagrut exams. The work is supposed to be for three weeks
in June eight hours a day. Does that mean that the three weeks begin
in June after the school year ends and continue in July or they're all
really in June itself? If the latter, how can a full-time teacher manage?
Even if I don't have my bagrut classes, the school administration still
finds things for me to do (substituting, tutoring...). I'd like to hear
from
people who have experience how they manage.

Visit the ETNI site - http://www.etni.org
Send a message to the ETNI list: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Send queries and questions to: ask@xxxxxxxx