[etni] [FWD: RE: JPost]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:13:32 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: RE: [etni] fw: JPost
 From: "mary shafir" <maryshafir@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Very good idea. The least they had to do is to publish the letter.
I buy their newspaper on Fridays, but now I will really reconsider.
Now the ideas: a) 'the not good enough' teachers will have to work
40 hours instead of 24... more bad work!
b) one of the problems of the system - the really good students do
not enter  it, the best students do not dream to become teachers.
High percentage leaves during the first 5 years of teaching -
according to research, the more capable ones. 'Dovrat' worsens
the conditions, will it attract better manpower?
c) The system does not distinguish the better teachers (by any
criteria). What does 'Dovrat' have to offer?
d) The fact that 'Dovrat' proudly offers 5000-6000 IS for a
beginning teacher is an indication of their appreciation of what
the teaching profession is worth altogether.
e) All the pedagogical professional knowledge that should be
implemented in the EFL classes will stay theory if the physical
teaching conditions do not compel its implementation.
Yours, Mary Shafir.