[etni] [FWD: No Frost]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 11:01:21 -0700

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/
====================================

 -------- Original Message --------
Subject: No Frost
From: Barry Silverbeg <barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 The Road Not Taken
by Barry Frost

I did not take the road like Frost,
I used the Road Map and got lost,
For soon which ever road to take I was willing,
I ended up a fatality in a drive by terror killing.
For years, I warned, don't give them so much rifles;
Ypu saw what just one did in "Trifles."

2
Two roads diverged into a would,
And i must choose one if I could,
But first I tarry, and I tarry good,
Why dith the poet's i see ' yellow wood?'
Perhaps this winter's draught laid all the flowers low.
Or , horror!  The wood's  bedecked with yellow snow!
The scourge of every Inuit (Eskimo),
Not from that the passing there, (Frost said it better)
But close, a difference of one small letter.

3
The path diverged in bifurcation,
I gazed a head in stupification,
A fork!  A veritable fork in the road I see.
I add it to my box of pilfered cutleree.
And now, bereft of fork, the road is straight,
Dilemmas and (Gay Parades) will have to wait.

Rana wrote:
> Can anyone please offer me a poem for purposes of in-class activity of
> comparison with Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken"?

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm