[ensu] UT Scarb GLOBAL WARMING PANEL - Tu (Mar4) 2PM !!!

  • From: "Kristle Calisto-Tavares" <k.calisto.tavares@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ensu" <ensu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <UTERN-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"David Powell" <david.powell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:33:48 -0500

2nd Nature will be hosting a Global Warming Panel at the Student Village
Centre (UTSC) this coming
TUESDAY at 2PM!  The panel guests are amongst the best you can come across
when it comes to the topic of climate change, what we can do about it and
whether the Kyoto accord is right for Canadians.

RSVP with 2ndn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you're coming, and also if you need
directions

Think of some good questions.

The panel guests are as follows:

Dr. Harry Hengeveld (Senior scientist Environment Canada)
Dr. Quentin Chiotti (Scientist/Pollution Probe activist)
Dr. Bill Gough (UofT Scarb scientist)
Dr. Albert Berry (UofT St George Economist)

The format and questions of the panel discussion will be along these lines:

Assuming we all agree that global warming is indeed partly or even
completely caused by humans, what can we do about it if anything at all?

In terms of national policy, is the Kyoto protocol the best move for
Canadians at this point in time?  What about the hit on the economy that
everyone keeps hearing about?

Could we have perhaps chosen a better policy?

What about the US and Mexico and their commitments, and where does this
put Canadians?

What can we do on an individual basis to help curb global warming trends?
i.e David Suzkuki and his Nature Challenge, is there really a point?

Each member will have 3-5 mins to respond to these questions and time
permitting, rebuttals will be allowed.

After about 45 mins, the audience will be encouraged to get involved and
pose their own questions!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THESE ISSUES THAT ARE AFFECTING CANADIANS RIGHT NOW!