Re: gtk+-2.8.x

  • From: TomPh <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:36:03 +1000

> If you delete the ~/emelfm2/cache the problem is more apparent. Once
> any entry is or has been selected, the display is fine.
>
> attached is a diff that seems to correct it.  I did not change the
> comment for the function.  Everything still appears to work when
> there is a selection.
I see you have a great talent for finding the focus of tricky problems,
David.

In effect, your change applies a 'focus grab' to a refreshed treeview
that doesn't have any selected item. But it also prevents such a
treeview from scrolling to its position prior to the refresh. So this
might be a better cure for the symptoms:

 if (selected_names == NULL)
+ {
+   gtk_widget_grab_focus (view->treeview);
    return TRUE;
+ }

As it happens, that functionality has been under review, in pursuit of
faster and threaded filelist refreshing. Maybe that's why I haven't
seen the problem for a while.