Re: gtk+-2.8.x

  • From: TomPh <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:10:35 +1000

Thanks David
> There is a problem with the new gtk+-2.8.x.  When opening a directory
> sometimes nothing is displayed.
I also noticed blank filelist(s), a few times, a while back. I couldn't
create the problem on demand, to allow its investigation. More
recently, after cleaning up some treeview things, it's not been
happening, and I forgot about it ...

 There is a vertical scrollbar with
> no thumb-button.  Clicking the scrollbar corrects whatever the
> problem is.
>
> There are a couple new functions in the scrollbar api.  I haven't
> looked into the problem.
Timing of treeview display suggests that something like threading is
happening inside treeviews, whether or not an application has
explicitly created threads. Can lead to race conditions. Given
the irregular occurrence, I suspect something along those lines.

In any event, if you get any clearer insight, please advise.