Re: ghostscript applications freeze

  • From: kongalino <kongalino@xxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:27:04 +0200

Hi Tom, I compiled with new_command=1 but that did not change the behaviour. Still i can open .ps and .eps files using the command-line but not using emelfm2. Please let me know in case you have any idea. thanks a lot,

janis

tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 15:32:39 +0200
kongalino <kongalino@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have just realized a problem with our emelfm2 that we run on a CentOS-5.2 machine. Whenever I open a .ps or .eps file out of emelfm2, the viewer freezes. I doesnt matter which frontend for gs I use, I have tried evince and gv so far. I have to kill the gs process to proceed. This only happens whenever I start an application that is using gs out of emelfm2. When I use the command line to start the application, it does not freeze.

Has anyone experienced this before or has an idea where to start looking?
Janis, I don't think there's anything special or tricky or unconventional about
the way emelFM2 runs commands, so it's hard to guess where to investigate.

You might try building with make-option NEW_COMMAND=1 (which enables an alternative,
sometimes bad, mechanism to run external commands). See if that makes a difference. (The
"bad" is wasted CPU activity sometimes, not fatal).