Re: ghostscript applications freeze

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:01:11 +1000

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 15:32:39 +0200
kongalino <kongalino@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have just realized a problem with our emelfm2 that we run on a
> CentOS-5.2 machine. Whenever I open a .ps or .eps file out of emelfm2,
> the viewer freezes. I doesnt matter which frontend for gs I use, I have
> tried evince and gv so far. I have to kill the gs process to proceed.
> This only happens whenever I start an application that is using gs out
> of emelfm2. When I use the command line to start the application, it
> does not freeze.
>
> Has anyone experienced this before or has an idea where to start looking?
Janis, I don't think there's anything special or tricky or unconventional about
the way emelFM2 runs commands, so it's hard to guess where to investigate.

You might try building with make-option NEW_COMMAND=1 (which enables an
alternative, sometimes bad, mechanism to run external commands). See if that
makes a difference. (The "bad" is wasted CPU activity sometimes, not fatal).