Re: featurerequest: mount stuff

  • From: tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:00:58 +1100

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:47:03 +0100
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I try to umount /mnt/cdrom and I am currently
> in /mnt/cdrom/packages/, I get the umount error: "device busy". Hence
> the device does not get umounted (I took the CD-ROM just as an example).
> It is at this moment that e2 should cd to /mnt/ and then run the
> umount /mnt/cdrom command. I am not sure if we understand each
> other. I cannot have the packages directory unavailable as the cdrom
> continues to be mounted.
Ok, now I follow.

The recent pre-release has that behaviour, when using the 'mounts' menu which
is by default in the commandbar. For 'filetype' commands for directories, you
have to be outside the dir to be unmounted, in order to select it. For
command-line 'umount' commands, you're still on your own. Maybe someone can
come up with a suitable alias (using %d or $$) ?