Re: featurerequest: mount stuff

  • From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:47:03 +0100

> > And one more thing regarding umount commands. It would be practical
> > that, when umounting a certain device and when currently in a folder
> > of the specified device (active or passive pane), emelFM2 first do a
> > cd to the directory containing the mount point (not sure how difficult
> > it is to do it), and then run the umount command. For example, if I am
> > currently in /mnt/cdrom/packages, I select umount from the command
> > bar, emelFM2 does cd /mnt and then umount /mnt/cdrom. Thus there is no
> > busy device. As far as I know, there is not one piece of Linux
> > software providing this.
> >
> ÃÃ,zÂj{ÂÂÃÃrÂâyÃÃÅÃ^â+-o+ÂÃÂÂÃÅÅ[hzgÂ~mÃÂÃ(r)zÃÃ~ÂÅâ+-ÂÃ+ÆÂâÃÂÂÃÃrÂâ{ÃÂÂÂÂÂÃrÃÃzWhÂÂÂÂ"ÅÂÂâa{âÅ{^ÂÃÅ
>
> e2 already does this (but in the reverse order). Whenever a displayed
> directory is found to be unavailable, it walks up the path of that dir until
> it finds a replacement dir that _is_ displayable.

When I try to umount /mnt/cdrom and I am currently in /mnt/cdrom/packages/,
I get the umount error: "device busy". Hence the device does not get
umounted (I took the CD-ROM just as an example). It is at this moment that
e2 should cd to /mnt/ and then run the umount /mnt/cdrom command. I am not
sure if we understand each
other. I cannot have the packages directory unavailable as the cdrom
continues to be mounted.

--
Liviu