Re: alternative configuration process ?

  • From: "Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:16:59 +0200

Hello there,

On 5/24/08, tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I've been wondering about an optional alternative to the current "manual"
> configuration which relies on knowing what system capabilities are, and
> supplying make-command arguments.
>
>  I'd want something that's reasonably widely available, and definitely
> without the large overheads of GNU autotools.

Maybe Pre Make Kit[1]? A somewhat wild suggestion, but who knows. It
seems that it has dropped out of maintenance, although the Changelog
goes to 24 May 2008. The project is considered stable and aims, among
others, at "Speed and memory lightweight (compiled C binaries)."

Liviu

[1] http://pmk.sourceforge.net/