Re: Nokia OS2008 port

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 21:51:28 +1000

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 21:44:08 -0400
"Pipeline" <nokipipe@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are a few quirks (mostly from my unfamiliarity with codebase), but
> perhaps you can advise on a fullscreen toggle issue im looking to implement.
> These devices have hardware button for toggling fullscreen in applications
> which maps to F6 keycode.  What is the best way to hook into event queue to
> intercept that key for making call to make fullscreen?  I could not find
> action for toggling fullscreen and could not find best way to intercept
> keycode at point in code where i could reference the window.  So i hacked the
> output window maximize to toggle this functionality for current build.

There's no very simple way to add such capability: need to change/add a few
things in a few places, not only to do the actual resizing, but also to handle
cacheing of window size between sessions. I figure that you'd not want to
always start the next time with fullscreen active.

But before going there, window sizing is mainly for window managers, IMHO. Do
you have a way to bind your "fake-F6" to your WM's [un]maximise functions ? Or
are those compelled to something else ?