Re: Mount and Automount in emelFM2?

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:09:38 +1000

On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 13:20:49 +0200
Keith <kigiokli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am wondering if emelFM2 supports automount (or at least mount)
> functionality. I have emelFM2 0.7.5 running on my arch linux computer
> and I notice the emelFM2 doesn't automount the external USB device.
>
> I also have another file manager, PcManFM, installed. I noticed every
> time I launched PcManFM, and it recognized the external USB device and
> automounted under /media with label name. However, this doesn't work on
> my emelFM2. In this way, I have to keep PcManFM opened all the time and
> let it detects the USB device. I've also googled a little bit, and
> someone said the button "mount or unmount the device" does the job.
> However, when I clicked on it to choose the device to remove, the label
> of that device disappears. In this way, I could not re-mount the device
> again.
>
> Could anyone tell me where the setting is for the automount
> functionality? Besides, would it be better just untick the device while
> unmounting instead of removing the device name completely from the menu?
>
> with regards,
> Keith

Keith, auto-[un]mounting is most-commonly handled by some part of your
operating environment. If that's not so in your case, then you can build
emelFM2 with support for auto-[un]mounting by HAL (though HAL is deprecated) or
by udisks. In either case, if a mountable device is not [un]mounted by your
system within about 10 seconds of detection, then it will be [un]mounted by
emelFM2.

You need to build the application with this support. Specifically, you will
need to include a make option:
  WITH_HAL=1
OR
  WITH_DEVKIT=1
and have the requisite development infrastructure available. See the comments
in file Makefile.config

The [un]mountable devices menu is constructed on-the-fly, from system
information available at the time.