Mount and Automount in emelFM2?

  • From: Keith <kigiokli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 13:20:49 +0200

Hello all,

I am wondering if emelFM2 supports automount (or at least mount) functionality. I have emelFM2 0.7.5 running on my arch linux computer and I notice the emelFM2 doesn't automount the external USB device.

I also have another file manager, PcManFM, installed. I noticed every time I launched PcManFM, and it recognized the external USB device and automounted under /media with label name. However, this doesn't work on my emelFM2. In this way, I have to keep PcManFM opened all the time and let it detects the USB device. I've also googled a little bit, and someone said the button "mount or unmount the device" does the job. However, when I clicked on it to choose the device to remove, the label of that device disappears. In this way, I could not re-mount the device again.

Could anyone tell me where the setting is for the automount functionality? Besides, would it be better just untick the device while unmounting instead of removing the device name completely from the menu?

with regards,
Keith