Re: Key binding for the output pane / Highest GTK+ version

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:41:26 +1000

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 07:57:29 -0500
Adam Krolnik <adam.krolnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Two things.
>
> 1. What is the highest GTK+ version emelfm2 will work with ?

AFAIK it will work on any 3.x.y (provided it has been built for gtk3, of
course). The last I've tried is 3.10.6, but I rarely use that, as gtk3 (or
perhaps its theming/styling) is still, even now, less reliable than gtk2, and
the devs seem to be continuing to expand the scope of 'undocumented'
asynchronous behaviour which can trigger occasional random crashes.

> 2. I was trying to set the End key to go to the bottom of the output pane. It
> doesn't
> seem to accept this key.
> I noticed the 'command line' is under the 'main' section. But the 'output'
> section is
> separate and empty.

Yes, the output pane tabs don't have any default bindings, because the inherent
GtkTextView widget has lots of bindings of its own. Such as <Ctrl><End> to go
to the end ...

> Also, the existing bindings (<shift>Page_Up/<shift>Page_Down don't work as
> defined.

Those are commandline bindings i.e. shift output pane position while the
commandline is focused.

> I thought this worked before and I had used it, but I must be missing
> something.
>
> Lastly, I guess the FreeLists thing doesn't show html mail any more.

OK, I never noticed.