Re: How to escape $?...

  • From: Hans Durast <65644434343@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:37:45 +0200

Hello

That won't help, for your test-case. emelFM2's command processor is not a
full-blown shell, it doesn't know about things like $?.

To get access to shell parameters like $?, you need to run

sh -c "Xdialog --yesno "the\\nresult" 7 0; echo $?"

(which runs as expected after applying the patch from last message).

BTW, if you want to prevent the "\" stripping in 0.1.6, remove lines 960 to 978 from
.../src/command/e2_command.c

Oh no, i don't like to change the sourcecode.

My solution is to put commands in this manner
to a shell-script and run it with some parameters
from the emelfm2 menu, this works for me.

All done,
thanks, Hans Durast