Re: Crashes due to Pane 2 operations.

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 08:51:09 -0500

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 14:59:40 +0000
Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have found that certain operations in pane 2 also lead to
> a crash :
Only for pane 2 ?

> (1) Attempting to show hidden directories.
>
> (2) Using a filter.
>
> The crash is completely silent, even when run from a
> terminal.  I am not sure if I am doing this correctly, but
> I have run strace on the process which is forked after
> emelfm2 starts, and which appears to represent the
> instance of the program that I am using.  Both crashes
> result in :
>
> poll ... etc ... -1 EINTR (Interrupted system call) +++
> killed by SIGKILL +++
>
> If this is just a result of some peculiarity in my system,
> or my use of an antique compiler, please don't spend your
> time fixing it Tom.  I will upgrade soon anyway and the
> program is usable as it is.

Showing/hiding hidden items, and un/filtering items, both rely heavily on gtk's
"filtermodel". So it's not obvious from emelFM2 code what might be being
interrupted and then killed, much less why so.

Perhaps there are some clues in the strace output before the lines reported
above. Can you please send some of that ?