Re: A few bugs

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:28:39 +1100

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:59:57 +0200
Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to report a few bugs (applicable to the latest svn code):
>
> - The directory creation dialog is broken, always reporting that
> directory creation is impossible (naturally, that shouldn't be the
> case). Perfectly reproductible.
That doesn't happen here. What is the stated reason for blocking the creation?

> - Browsing into dirs in a very fast way triggers a segfault; for
> example, I have the key "Backspace" attached to the action "going to
> the parent directory". Holding the backspace key will indeed go up for
> a few dirs, but after 1-2 seconds and while there are still a few dirs
> to go up, emelfm2 will crash (segfault reports an invalid pointer
> trying to be freed). If I go up in a slower way, for instance by
> pressing the Backspace without holding it, emelfm2 won't crash.
> Perfectly reproductible.

My gdb is non-functional ATM, so I can't look into it here, now. You could run
 gdb emelfm2
and when crash happens, get a backtrace and post that.

> - emelfm2 seems to stop being connected to inotify after some time of
> use. For example, when I am certain that emelfm2 stops monitoring file
> changes, erasing a file will actually erase the file, but the file
> remains in the filelist. I have to refresh manually to notice that the
> file is actually gone from the filelist. Difficult to reproduce, but
> catching the problem in a debug log is possible.
>
> Tom, if any debug log is required, I'll be glad to provide them to your
> email.
Yes please. Nothing in the code stops inotify monitoring, but it can be
suspended in some circumstances and perhaps it is not being properly resumed.