Re: A few bugs

  • From: Charles A Edwards <eslrahc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:04:13 -0500

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:15:16 +0100
Liviu Andronic wrote:

> > In svn now, the backend processing for inotify monitoring has now
> > been largely re-written. It's worth checking whether the refreshing
> > is reliable now.
> Default monitoring seems broken in r2182 (attached). I create a new
> file in /tmp, and it doesn't immediately appear in the file list. I
> need to cd.. and re-enter /tmp ot see the file. Same goes for files
> changing sizes.

I can not duplicate the issues with 2182 that you are having.

File creation, file edit, copy, move, pack, unpack, delete, create All
appear almost instantly in pane for me.

Just to eliminate the obvious, the mistakes I normally find myself
being bitten by:

Are you sure you built 2182 with USE_INOTIFY=1?
Did you 're-start' emelfm2 after installing 2182?

    Charles

--
I've finally found the perfect girl,
I couldn't ask for more,