[EMAS] Sandy Mush Gamelands 4th December

  • From: "Doug Johnston" <wellsteadwest@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "EMAS Sightings" <emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 20:10:30 -0500

This afternoon, George Stowe and I walked some trails and some areas without trails at the gamelands. Most of the birds were in the sky, since we were late for the passerines to be active. One area of the gamelands that deserves more visits, is accessed from a roadside parking area close to the junction of Old SR 20 and Old Turkey creek rd. There is a large area on the hill tops (panoramic views), that the state keeps in great shape with crops and grassland. It should be good next spring for those who enjoy butterflies and other bugs. This was the area that we had several good sightings of the Northern harrier diving at a Red tailed hawk.

Doug Johnston

Gamelands, Buncombe, US-NC
Dec 4, 2011 11:15 AM - 3:15 PM
Protocol: Traveling