[ell-i-developers] Re: Partially working recursive make -- please test!

  • From: Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@xxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 15:38:51 +0300

> Hello all. I made some tests and got clean results for ellduino and
> corresponding emulator (core dumped but otherwise OK).  My platform is Ubuntu
> 14.04 - both 64-bits and 32-bits systems. NOTE both compilers are installed
> to Ubuntu (this is because I just couldn't figure out a proper reference to
> Arduino/build/linux/work/hardware/tools/g++_arm_none_eabi compiler
> envirnment...)

Excellent!

> then you can just run
> make sketch.cpp
> make VARIANT=ellduino

You should also be able to do just "make", and it should (try) to build the
four possibilities:

  - ellduino hardware
  - stm32f4discovery hardware
  - ellduino emulator
  - stm32f4discovery emulator

The first three should work, the last one fails as we currently have only an
assembler version of the STM32F407 startup code.  (Rewriting that in C should
be trivial, given that we already have the STM32F050 startup code in C, and the
STM32F407 startup code in assembler.  If someone wants to try, please feel bold
and go ahead. :-)

You should also be able to "make clean" and it should remove everything it
built, but sketch.cpp.  "make clobber" should remove everything "make clean"
removes, and then remove sketch.cpp.

I'm afraid there may be a bug or two in "make clean" so that it doesn't remove
everything.

--Pekka