[ell-i-developers] Re: Hard fault handler

  • From: Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@xxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 15:56:52 +0300

> Since I have a mbed LPC11U24 at hand, I wonder if it is feasible to make a
> GDB--GPIO--SWD bridge with it, as a generic debugger for any Cortex M chips.
> I'm uncertain, however, whether it will fits in 48 hours, and whether GPIO is
> the best option, given that mbed has other pins such as ACD, SPI, etc.

I think it should be feasible if you use the BlackMagic software as a baseline:

https://github.com/gsmcmullin/blackmagic

Hence, instead of starting from scratch, you would start from the BlackMagic
software, and essentially port it to the new platform.

It is also worth noting that there are a few active forks; see the github
network graph.  It may be useful to have a brief look at the active forks to
get an idea of what the rest of the community is doing.

--Pekka