[ell-i-developers] COAP implementation for Arduino

  • From: Teemu Hakala <temmi@xxxxxx>
  • To: "ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 10:37:27 +0200

On 18.2.2014, at 9:31, Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Would you care to go for hunting after an Arduino Ethernet-library based
> CoAP?  That is not a big deal to implement, but it adds another week or two.
> Maybe even libcoap might work, as the Arduino Ethernet-library has a
> rudimentary socket interface.  But it would be good to see if someone has a
> ready solution, for now.

I’m all for trying to minize the NIH method. This first round I’m just listing
first n hits from googling and summarising a quick peek inside in few lines

https://github.com/dgiannakop/Arduino-CoAP
Looks otherwise fine, but is hardcoded for XBee only. Refactoring for IP/XBee
would require inventing and implementing an abstraction layer not yet present
and looks like a lot of work.

https://github.com/telecombretagne/Arduino-IPv6Stack
These guys have COAP and IPV6 they claim to be perfectly suitable for us. It is
already abstracted between layers and is ported from Contiki. Very promising on
the surface.

It looks as though most google hits are short blog entries or others reflecting
back to either of these, or just unanswered questions related to the generic
area.

 - t