[elky] When your car was new...

  • From: faithcubsmc2691@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 01:06:54 -0400 (EDT)

 Simple question:
What were you doing when your car was new?

My current family...

1972:
I was a year away from making my earthly debut.

1976:
I was 3 years old.  I welcomed my parents' first Monte Carlo to the family, a
1976 model that I "claimed" as "mine" in later years.  I was also a year away
from my first open heart surgery.

1979:
I welcomed my baby sister to the world.

1981:
I finished first grade in the spring; started second grade in the fall.

1987:
I was in middle school ... and had to say goodbye to my best friend who died of
an asthma attack.

Former members...

1988:
I finished middle school and entered the world of High School.  I first started
thinking about having one of every single YEAR of the Monte Carlo.  I later
re-thought that ... with the goal of one of each generation, which I completed
March 2002.

1997:
I started my first full-time job, after graduating from college a year earlier.
 I also put my '79 MC Landau (first car) away for the winter and bought a new
"daily driver".

2000:
I was one Monte Carlo away from completing the family, having bought the '81 MC
SC from my parents December 1999 and the '76 MC Landau a year before that; I've
never bought a Monte Carlo brand new.  I was still working at the same company,
but had switched jobs in late 1999, about the same time I bought the 2000
vehicle.  Health wise, I was (unbeknownst to me at the time) 3 years away from
my 3rd open heart surgery.

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker **
07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 **
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 =
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"The thing I find most amazing in amazing grace is the chance to give it out"
... Brandon Heath ... 'I'm Not Who I Was'