[elky] Re: Weird summer?

  • From: faithcubsmc2691@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 01:48:49 -0400 (EDT)

*
Heh ... to further illustrate how "weird" my summer is:

I haven't detailed my cars yet this year, let alone simply washed them!  With
the pending surgery, I probably will not have time to clean them...UGH.
Ssssooo...anyone want to or know of someone who would clean them for me??????

...at least I've had lots of "nephew time" this year; hard to believe he will
be THREE in less than 2 months.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic
*** CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.models.RadioShows.legos.HO.us66 =
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I'm in a state of confusion, I hope things aren't what they seem" __ Travis
Tritt __ 'Tell Me I Was Dreaming'

-----

*
My "car season" may be winding down quicker than expected, but it sure has been
a weird summer, at least compared to the last few years.

For the first time in over 5 years, I've attended cruise nights regularly, 5
nights in a row at one point.  All the pics I've taken at cruise nights this
year are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/knightfan26917/2011CruiseNights

While I've attended cruise nights, I most-likely will NOT get to 1,000 miles on
each of my Monte Carlos in 2011, for what would've been the 3rd straight year
of doing so.  Instead, depending on how the next few weeks go, I may be lucky
to reach 500 miles on each.  Heck, I've only put gas in them twice so far this
year; gas mileage numbers from the 2nd fill up are below.

One reason I've put so "few" miles on my MCs this year is because of my 2011
road trip, which I took in the middle of the summer this year (instead of in
the last 4 months of the year) and drove over 9,300 miles:
https://picasaweb.google.com/knightfan26917/CoastToCoastRoadTripFri06242011Mon07112011

GAS MILEAGES

Calculations are based on most-recent fill-ups, Wednesday, 09/07/2011, for my
Caprice Classic and Sunday, 09/04/2011, for my 5 MCs (2nd time I've gassed 'em
up in 2011).

1979 Caprice Classic, 350 V8 w/TBI
...196.8 miles driven @ 12.125 gallons to fill up = 16.23 mpg

1972 MC, 350 V8
...210.6 miles @ 13.268 gallons = 15.87 mpg

1976 MC, 305 V8
...205.9 miles @ 11.775 gallons = 17.49 mpg

1979 MC, 350 V8
...207.1 miles @ 10.408 gallons = 19.89 mpg

1981 MC SC, 3.8 V6
...208.3 miles @ 9.496 gallons = 21.94 mpg

1987 MC LS, 305 V8
...146.0 miles @ 7.597 gallons = 19.22 mpg

So ... anyone else experience a weird summer in TwentyEleven?

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | *
CruiseNites_2011_Chi.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 =
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Take a trip to the city lights" __ Supertramp __ 'Take The Long Way Home'