[elky] Re: Tonya Harding

  • From: "Jim" <jdos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:04:09 -0500

Cool update and insight..
Hope she does well.

-----Original Message-----
From: elky-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:elky-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ray Buck
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:56 AM
To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [elky] Tonya Harding

While the ex-figure skater has a very checkered past, I had the
opportunity to meet her a couple of days ago.  I got some shots of
the car she's driving (stock bodied Model A coupe with engine mods,
turbocharger and running alcohol) and gave her a business card,
explaining that I'd have shots on my website soon.  She was very
gracious and seemed pleasantly surprised that someone would offer
photos of her efforts.  So I guess its wanna them things of people
having more than one facet to present to the world.  The one I saw
was pretty pleasant.  But reading here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonya_Harding ....well...it ain't pretty.

I actually feel some compassion for her, having gone thru my own hard
times in life.  I hope she's getting things straightened out (the
judge's mandate that she stay away from alcohol may be indicative of
an underlying problem) and can find peace and happiness.

Ray