[elky] Re: Sprint in the shop

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:50:23 -0400 (EDT)

sounds great, alls well that ends well.

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 9/21/2011 2:14:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
saulmarsh72@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I just got the Sprint back from the shop and am very pleased with  the
work.  A/C seems pretty cold, the car smells much better (actually, I  can't
smell it at all), and it seems to be idling and accelerating better too  (he
"rebuilt the vacuum system"...not sure what that means yet, as he was at
lunch when I picked up the car).  I did not have to replace the  carburetor,
since he was able to tighten the fitting completely.  If it  starts leaking
again, I might go for the edelbrock carb, but the 2-bbl  Rochester seems to
power the car pretty well, and I have been getting about 15  mpg (even with the
leaky carb), so I'm a little hesitant to mess with a  combination that
works.  It ended up costing about half what I  anticipated, so I have some left
over for the next service, which will most  likely be a front end alignment.