[elky] Re: Sold and homeless

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 09:29:33 -0700

I sure hope the real estate market is picking up. You'll find something. And it will be better than the last one. Always seems to work that way.

No 1 son found a house. They were running around for the last year and a half making low ball offers. Someone finally accepted one. It's been a challenge because its tied up in a bankruptcy/foreclosure mess but they have been told to expect closing the second week of July. They did well.

little guy needs stability, so make that the prime directive.

Mary

Well, i found a house 2 weeks ago that.we liked and that would keep charlie in his school. His mother has stated when she remarries because we dont live in tue boundaries, she would move him to the school near his house. Not cool, she did agree if i lived there she would make sure he stays and prefers it that way. As luck would have it, our house sold over list price on day 1, top 3 sales in the hood in last 12 months! You dont want to be the top in todays market becausw of strict appraisal guidelines and appraisals. Not bad we closed a year ago almost exactly at $115,000 and today have it under contract at $142,000. Problem is, the house we wanted to buy sold while we were negotiating. Luckily we found a couple options to rent til something else comes available in the 3 small hoods that we are trying to get the bottom house that is still easily salAble.

Market here is unbelievable, more houses pending in many hoods than active. Take advantage of 3.75% interest rates!