[elky] Re: OT: Punctuated Birds, take 2.

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 18:44:44 -0800

I like this one, too.  It shows the angles. Not being especially musical (can you say tone deaf?) I didn't pick up on that til you mentioned it.

Mary
There were 4 shots.  I rarely just take one.  I chose the "Norwegian Wood" (This Bird has Flown) version.  Here's a more symmetrical version.  I prefer the Norwegian Wood:

While this one has some interesting compositional elements (right-left triangular shape bisected by the 7-tone staff with the half-note (they're half notes cuz they have a tail) birds and the Borg-like mass of the traffic light which I left in the crop intentionally for balance) (I otta try playing that.  Maybe Jared or Rick can play it.  They read music better than I do.) I prefer the Flown Bird version over this one because, like it did with you, Mary, it caught my eye immediately.  I believe that makes it a more interesting photo.  When I get thru with some medical photography (strange goins on) I'll re-crop both of them and remove the Borg cube to see what it looks like. We can shoot "crops" all night...except I wanna watch the rest of the Grand Prix.