[elky] My nephew and fading troubles

  • From: faithcubsmc2691@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 02:49:18 -0400

It is hard to believe, but my nephew will be 2 years old this November.
Watching him grow has been tremendously fun.  My favorite story, thus far,
happened earlier in June.

I went to my sis/bro-in-law’s place to drop off something for my sister.  I
parked out front in the street and came in the side door by the driveway.  As I
opened the door, my nephew yelled, “Cort!”  [He hasn't quite mastered "Uncle",
it comes out ... "Unc ... Unc ... Unclcor"!]

I heard my sister say, “How’d you know that was Uncle Cort coming in the
house?”  A bit later, we found out.  As we were talking in the front room, my
nephew walked to the front window, pointed, and said, “Cahr…Cort cahr.”  He was
pointing at my Caprice Classic....

Later, right before I left, he started saying “Cap…Cap…Cap…Capri!”, trying to
say Caprice for me.

Other "nephew corruption victories" I claim include getting him to say...

..."Dodge", which my sister drives (manual Dakota quad cab)

..."Arlo", which is what I called the Monte Carlo, soon after my parents bought
their ("my") 1976 Monte Carlo when I was ~2 years old.

While he hasn't said "Monte", "Carlo" or "Monte Carlo" for me, Dad tells me
that he has said "Monte" for him....  For now ... I'm settling for Caprice,
since he hasn't seen my Monte Carlos yet...!

3 pics of my nephew....

Driving his truck:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_8IKQluy-9ok/TBbBIqbnXGI/AAAAAAAADv0/xQXkDF-jbqQ/JJ_1.jpg

Who...me?
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_8IKQluy-9ok/TBbBIgtVUTI/AAAAAAAADv4/Z8BTrrlxWaI/JJ_2.jpg

Uncle Cort is so silly!
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_8IKQluy-9ok/TBbBI2R84_I/AAAAAAAADv8/SKq92afjrFE/JJcort_2.jpg

Sssooo...what melts everything away for you?  Whenever I see my nephew (or
drive any of my Monte Carlos or my Caprice Classic), all the troubles of the
world just seem to disappear.  Who or what does that for you?

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker
** MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 =
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"We'd all live in a quiet house, without Big Bird or Mickey Mouse" ... Oak
Ridge Boys ... 'Thank God For Kids'