[elky] Re: McMurdo temps (was: manuf'd home disposal)

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 07:44:56 -0600

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Very interesting.  I did a little checking on the mean average temperature
> reported by that station.  I realize that the mean of an average isn't very
> sound statistical practice, but for the purposes of this post it otta come
> close enough.  If yer interested, there's all sorts of different numbers you
> could analyze.  When I was in grad school, I developed a bald spot on top of
> my head from statistics.  No kidding.  When I started that semester, I had
> all my hair.  When it ended (and squeaked out of the stats class with a B-
> cuz I bribed the teacher with a case of tonic water...it's a very long story
> that starts out with the original instructor being deported back to Hong
> Kong) I had a bald spot.  Sorta like sunspots only different.

<G>

> Aren, if yer around, ya might wanna enter the data points into a crunching
> program and do a Chi-Square analysis on them.  I'm goin back to web site
> maintenance.
>
> Yesterday I rolled out a new version of the website at www.target550.com
> I hope that one is stable for a while.  Now I'm working on
> http://www.bonnevillenwreunion.com/

One of the images didn't show up for me on this site Ray. It's the second
one on the middle of this page: http://www.bonnevillenwreunion.com/ The link
works, just doesn't show the thumbnail.

The requested URL /images/in_16020005emr815.jpg was not found on this
server.
------------------------------
Apache/2.2.3 (ClarkConnect) Server at www.bonnevillenwreunion.com Port 80

> and http://www.saveourshipofstate.us/ which is the blogging project a
> friend came up with.  I found out that I've been invited to the NorthWest
> Reunion as part of the Target 550 team.  I'm very flattered and honored to
> be given this opportunity to meet some very big names in racing and to see
> the liner that's under construction.
>
> Ok.  My boss is telling me to get back to work.
>
> Have a good one, y'all
>
> Ray
> (it's a bitch when yer boss is a slave driver and yer self-employed)

I resemble that remark. Although they cut back my hours, because they are
trying to do away with all my overtime, I still have plenty of CAD to do
before work. I am in the middle of a 6 day stretch right now. 3 days a week,
I go in at 10, and I'm off at 6. I have 2 weekends off this month! Too bad
the weather won't allow me to be productive in the garage. If I heated it
up, there would be so much condensation on everything, it would take hours
to dry!

New Schedule: http://www.statestreetjewelers.com/sched_john.htm Nate goes to
work on the 19th, and I get that big raise I have been hoping for (less car
insurance, health insurance, etc.) So the hours being cut back is not so bad
at the moment.