[elky] Re: How is everyone handing the heat?

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 17:00:25 -0500

         Ugh what a PITA. I don't have much good to say about allot of
contractors here. If I was to have something done I don't know of anyone
reputable in most any field. Looks like a trip to small claims court etc.
One thing that's really nice about tx is there are only a few enforcable
liens. That is purchase, refinance, tax and divorce. All other liens are
not valid and bear no weight at time of sale unless... The buyer assumes
the no valid liens then they have to pay them. Goofy part at the end but.
So a contractor an put a lien against your house but can't collect at the
time of sale because those liens are not valid. Now why they even have a
process for those liens to be applied I dunnow...  It wasn't too long ago
that they changed the laws so people could get home equity loans. It's
really nice how it's done here as it makes it harder for people to loose
their home.

                     It got up to 104* here and then as the front is
getting here the storms are trying to pop up. Temp dropped to 88 in less
than 5 minutes and then to 84 and still dropping. That's a huge difference
in a short time. Oh as for watering the grass.... I don't It's all dead and
dirt. Would cost hundreds to get it to look good on a .5 acre lot. Really
wish the POs didn't build the shop over the one working well... Supposedly
there were two others at some point. WIsh I could find one and get it going
again.

               Robert Adams