[elky] Re: Fw: Non Elky Plumbing mystery

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:10:53 -0600

                  Yup. Most have the cheap plastic valve and knob. It's made
hard to grip to keep people from over tightening it. I don't drain water
heaters anymore cause nothing comes out. If I want to flush it I take the
lower heating element out and then I can get in with a stick tool and break
up the minerals and suck them out with a shop vac.

                   Oh and drain it when hot and then after empty open the
inlet valve back up.

                   Robert Adams