[elky] Re: Elky is up and running again

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 14:58:52 -0600

I'd like to build the other one I have but what for? Unless I were to sell it. Or do a step by step guide with pics then sell it.. Dunnow.

Have done a couple standards and they are tedious and stink really bad... All those little springs and dogs and little pieces for all the shift collars can be a royal pain to hold all in place at the same time. And it's real easy to put the springs and dogs in backwards cause it's very slight differences that are hard to see. Course it is a little easier in one way because there are less clearances to measure and shim for.

                           Robert Adams

Glad you're back in action without too much expense.  Good thing you
know the ins & outs of a transmission... most people expect a
cashectomy when they have trans problems...