[elky] Re: Christmas eve

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 14:09:14 -0800

You can still light a gas stove with a match when the electric starter isn't.

but please don't use them for heat. You'll kill yourself. speaking of which:

Darwin at work: http://www.katu.com/news/local/Man-lights-himself-on-fire-while-trying-to-steal-gas-police-say-236956941.html

be careful with the ground shaking, I had a friend got stuck in bed when all the books in the bookcase next to the bed came crashing down on her. Who thinks of things like that? Is your water heater strapped to the wall, or will it roll across the garage?

sorry about the leaves.

Have a great Christmas!

Geri forced us to buy a generator awhile back because of that. 62* isn't cold. We turn ours down to 64* at night cause it's more comfortable for sleeping. Oh and even if you had a gas stove you still wouldn't have heat. Gotta have electricity for the ignitor and to open the gas valve. No pilot lights anymore except for commercial stuff.

We finally felt one of the earthquakes here yesterday morning. Had one Sunday too but I was at the airport waiting for Geri to get back so we could go home from our Huntsville trip. My friends house that we rebuilt has been taking some of the damage from them. A number of doors are off all the sudden and a few cracks in the drywall now too. I have noticed a couple of our doors that were always perfect are now off. Quakes, sand and houses don't mix well cause the like to sink when the ground is shook.

So far 44 (60 gallon) bags of mulched leaves and not even half way through the pile. May work on that some tomorrow if it's nice.

                         Robert Adams

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM, <STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx <mailto:STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    At 3:30 this morning we lost power and it didn't come back until
    10:30..... The inside temp went down to 62* We have an electric
    kitchen so..... no hot coffee. Brrr
       So.......... I fired up the fire place. Toasty
      Dorothy ran to McDonalds for some hot coffee.. and some chow to
    wash it down.... LOL. we skyped with grandson in CT.
    Since we are going to be alone tonight we are going to push the
    envelope and try naked paint ball........ Be...........
    the...........ball.  What happens in naked paint ball....... stays
    in naked paint ball.