[elky] Admin - File Size and alternate accounts

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 11:23:47 -0700

Just a friendly "tis the season" message cuz I've seen a lotta bounced messages that didn't make it to the list lately.

A coupla things to bear in mind.

1. File size. I can't remember exactly what I set the limit to, although I think it's around 800kb. So if you've got a large image, ya might wanna pare it down to around 500-600kb because the mailing list software adds some overhead to it.

2. Send from the email account that you subscribed with. Like everybody else, I have several email addresses and some of 'em are "spam catchers" that I use for signing into for websites...but the problem there is I have to make sure that if I wanna post to the list, I need to use my primary email address, since that's how I'm subscribed. Some folks may do it the other way around with one address for this list only. Gmail makes this even harder cuz unless ya set it up properly, you won't see your own posts. That's just the way that one works. So you might thing that ya sent something, but it may have gone into the great bit bucket in the sky.

3. Greeting cards and other stuff sent from 3rd party addresses. Sites like 123greetings.com allow ya to create nice-looking stuff, but when it's sent out, it's from their address, not yours. They all go into the aforementioned bit bucket.

Bear in mind that this really IS a "friendly reminder" and no one is singled out for any lashes with a wet noodle.

Having said that, have a safe and enjoyable "between the holidays" week and then we'll be into next year before we know it.

ps. I spent all of last nite "sitting up with a sick friend"...that would be my Leviathan computer doing stuff with liquid cooling preparation, temperature monitoring and variable speed fans. So I'm gonna crawl back under my bed (I can do that now that I vacuumed under there) and get a little more shut-eye.