[elky] Re: A coupla progress photos

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:54:14 -0600

The speedo is very accurate...for the correct-sized tires. We'll have to calibrate it with the GPS because of the 28" rear tires.

On 7/11/2011 8:27 PM, John Christensen wrote:
How accurate is the Speedo Ray? The dash one......

JC

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hmmm...that's a thought.  The speakers/stereo SORTA work, but as
    far as I've been able to determine, only the front ones.  I
    haven't checked any further.

    I finally got the temp gauge working.  Combination of a bad
    sending unit AND a broken wire in the harness.  I love multiple
    problems.

    Anyway, if it's a speaker wire, I'm not gonna worry about it.  I'm
    just gonna kluge up a horn button and then see if it'll pass
    emissions/safety inspection.

    ps...I'm hopin to top yer Top Speed...but it'll be hard, cuz if ya
    run over 140, yer outta the class and ya gotta either pay for
    another entry or go home.  I'm really shootin for 135 or so.

    On 7/11/2011 7:13 PM, Mike Huber wrote:
    The wire behind the glove box might b a speaker wire.....Is the
    red-red/black wire been spiced to the plug ????  stereo/speakers
    work ????

    Mike "MINOMAN" Huber
    86 Mino El Camino
    383 Carbed Stroker (for Now)