[electrobooks] Re: What we are reading

  • From: "Shell" <shell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <electrobooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:01:55 +0100

i did read the Kate Atkinson too, I hadn't read any of hers before. However, I found the style really anoying and some of the things that happened were, quite frankly, utterly rediculous. A shame, because some bits were quite well done. The Malla Nunn was fantastic, something a bit different. At the moment I am reading The Silver Pig by Lindsey Davis, the first of the Didio Falko novels. I haven't read any of hers before, but I heard her on the radio, forget which program now, a few weeks ago and decided to give one a go. So far it's very good, but I've only just started it and the names are giving me a bit of grief to keep track of. I'm also scanning a book called Dead at Daybreak by another South African author called Deon Meyer, which is pretty good so far.

Shell.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>