[electrobooks] Re: What we are reading

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <electrobooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 20:30:24 +0100

Dave, all, as usual I'm, reading a variety of books. My multiplicity is not helped by the fact that I have two TB machines. Here's the list with comments.

PTX1 - Dead Simple - read downstairs while cooking, eating or just chilling. The writing is not the best, the plot rather predictable, the reader is a bit tiggerish for my taste, but I'm carrying on with it in order to get to the end and see what happens.

PTP1 - The Naked And The Dead - Norman Maylor's book which I'm amazed I've not read before. On my pocket player it mainly occupies my journey to and from work but I'm enjoying it immensely despite it's pretentiousness.

PTR1 - The Fellowship Of The Ring - yes, loud tuts from certain quarters are clearly audible, but the player is next to where I sleep and I'm embarking on yet another reading of the Tolkien classic.

Book courier - Hitler, 1936-45. The second volume of Ian Kershaw's stunning autobiography.

Braillenote PK - Agincourt, the factual account of the battle on which Bernard Cornwell freely admits to having modeled his novel. Very interesting. ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>