[eispice] Re: eispice status ?

  • From: Charles Eidsness <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eispice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 13:25:37 -0500

Hi David,
The github version is the latest. I put it up there at the request of some
other folks, it wasn't used for development.

I'm not sure if they could merge, probably not without difficulty. The
eispice simulator is written in C with a python front-end but that other
simulator looks like it's pure python.

The only reason to go down the semiconductor model path would be if someone
wanted to mix IBIS and Spice models though that's a lot less common now
than it was 10 years ago.

The basic IBIS stuff has always worked, but it may get into trouble parsing
different model types. Extending it is more a matter of trying it with
different models and then fixing what breaks; though it seems like most
folks now are more interested in Schematic based simulators than these
batch simulators.

Cheers,
Charles