[eispice] Circuit Graphical Editor

  • From: "Mitja Jež" <mitja.jez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eispice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 00:42:29 +0200

Hello Charles!
Intro:
This spring my classmate and I started to develop a new program for
electrical circuits. It is still in slovene, so I can't show you some useful
stuff. After we come up with a good name for the project (and the webpage
too), I will write again.
The program uses XML for structure of circuit and SVG for drawing. It is
written in Java, GUI and core will be separated.
When I was searching for free spice, eispice was the first freeware solution
and after that i found  Spice Opus on our faculty.

In October i started to study electronics on the Faculty of Electrical
Engineering (University of Ljubljana) and we started using spice, so i will
soon know how to use it.

I'd like to compare Spice Opus and Eispice to find out which is better for
me and than to develop output of drawn circuits (in our program) for the
better one, or for both, for simulation in it.

Is there some short text available, and where should I start?

I'd like to solve our problems in eispice but i've never used python for
programing.

Is there some GUI for new Eispice relase? (like Eide in prior?)

wish you a good development :D