[edm-announce] First Annual Workshop on Massive Open Online Courses [moocshop]

  • From: "Ryan S.J.d. Baker" <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edm-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 07:52:00 -0400

[posted on behalf of Zach Pardos, pardos@xxxxxxx]

Please consider submitting and share with colleagues. ****

** **

***********

First Annual Workshop on Massive Open Online Courses (moocshop)
July 9th or 13th (pending) - at the Artificial Intelligence in Education
Conference in Memphis, TN
h <http://www.moocshop.org/>ttp://www.moocshop.org

The moocshop will survey the rapidly expanding ecosystem of Massive Open
Online Courses. We will foster a cross-institutional and cross-platform
dialogue in order to articulate and synthesize the plurality of challenges
that arise when evaluating and designing MOOCs. While the forms and
functions of MOOCs are currently evolving, we aim to develop a shared
foundation for an interdisciplinary field of inquiry moving forward. ****

** **

We invite researchers, technologists, and course designers from
universities and industry to share their approaches and perspectives on key
topics, including analytics and data mining, assessment, credentialing,
pedagogy, platform design, data standards, and privacy. See
website<http://www.moocshop.org/> for
a more detailed list of topics.****

** **

Invited Speaker: George Siemens