[edi581] databases & spreadsheets

  • From: donna mcjury <donnamcj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 07:11:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Group,
Hope everyone is enjoying their vacation.

Database for high school students can be useful for
clubs that the students belong to.  They can record
who comes to the meetings and what the topic of that
particular meeting is about. The students can find out
about the time the meeting took place and how long as
well as the date of the next meeting. The database can
be printed and distributed to those who were not able
to attend the meeting or it can be posted on the
school's web page for viewing. Database is a efficient
way to keep the record of clubs such as SADD or Kids
for the Community to name a few.

In Resource Room with many of the students having
organizational difficulties I do use a spreadsheet for
one of my students. The spreadsheet shows a two week
span with the dates and classes the student takes. It
also has a place for the weekend to let the student
remember what he was to work on then. The spreadsheet
has worked out well. We go over the spreadsheet daily
in resource room. He can see the two week span and we
figure out together what he needs to work on on a
particular day and it lets him see the whole two weeks
so he can see when a long term assignment is due. On
Friday I fax the spreadsheet to his dad so that there
is support at home. It has worked out great and the
student is actually getting assignment done on time.
(sorry for the double hit...I am using my husband's
laptop and not use to it.)
Donna McJury

   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx