[edi581] Re: Online assignment #3: Plagiarism

  • From: "DANIELLE GIANNETTO" <DGIANNETTO@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 07:29:05 -0500

Hi Jerry!

A question...my inspiration lesson is in there but I don't have a
grade.  Was it incomplete or did you just not get to it yet?

THANKS!!
DANIELLE

>>> JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx 11/16/03 11:36:32 PM >>>
Online assignment #3 (10 points)
Deadline: Midnight, Friday, December 5th

Now that technology use by students has become more common, discussions
about
"plagiarism," "cheating," and "copyright" seem to be more common.

Your assignment is to read up on these topics. A good place to start is
on
Angel in the "Readings" folder.

Read as many of the articles as time permits, then answer the following

questions. As always, post your comments on the class listserv.

   1. Give two (2) examples of copyright infringement which you
      have personally witnessed.  (Of course, you'll be referring
      to someone ELSE, not yourself, right?)

   2. Explain how this action violated copyright restrictions.

   3. Describe how this activity could still have been done
      WITHOUT violating copyright law.

   4. As a teacher, how can YOU structure your assignments
      so that plagiarism by students is minimized? (Notice
      I didn't say "eliminated.")

Good luck.  I'm looking forward to reading your comments.

Jerry

P.S. Remember, late assignments will not be accepted. Don't wait until
the
last minute.

   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx
   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx