[edi581] Fw: HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITHOUT KNOWING THESE THINGS?

  • From: "Reuven Shapira" <rshapira@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 10:52:07 -0400

I cannot be responsible for the accuracy, however, it's fun to further
explore...
Reuven
 The first couple to be shown in bed together on  prime time TV were  Fred and
Wilma Flintstone.

  > > Coca-Cola was originally green.

  > > Every day more money is printed for Monopoly  than  the US Treasury.

  > > Men can read smaller print than women can;  women  can hear better.

  > > The percentage of Africa that is wilderness:  28%  (now get  this...) The
percentage of North America that  is  wilderness: 38%

  > > The average number of people airborne over the  US  any given hour:
61,000

  > > The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and  lived in  China in 1910.

  > > The youngest pope was 11 years old.

  > > The first novel ever written on a typewriter:  Tom  Sawyer.

  > > 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 =  12,345,678,987,654,321

  > > If a statue in the park of a person on a horse  has both  front legs in
the air, the person died in  battle.  If the horse has one  front leg in the
air the person died as a  result  of wounds received in  battle. If the horse
has all four legs on the  ground, the person  died of natural causes.

  > > "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in  the  English language.

  > > Q. What occurs more often in December than any other month?

  > > A. Conception.

  > > Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far  would you have to go  until
you could find the letter "A"?

  > > A. One thousand

  > > Q. What is the only food that doesn't spoil?

  > > A. Honey

  > > In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured  on  bed frames by ropes.

  > > When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed
firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase  "goodnight, sleep tight".

  > > In ancient England a person could not have sex  unless you  had consent
of the King (unless you were in the Royal Family). When anyone wanted to have a
baby, they got consent  of the King, the King gave them a  placard that they
hung on their door while they

  > > were having sex. The placard had F.*.*.*. (Fornication Under Consent of
the King) on it. Now you know where that word came from.

  > > In Scotland, a new game was invented. It was  entitled Gentlemen Only,
Ladies Forbidden... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English  language

   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx