[ecidadania-users] Re: GSoC

  • From: "Oscar Carballal Prego" <oscar.carballal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ecidadania-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:13:40 +0100 (CET)

Hi Lokesh,

> I am a B.Tech. student at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.  I am a
> programmer and developer by interest.  I have a good knowledge  of C++,
> python, Java, php, CSS, HTML. I have developed many web based software for
> my college and want to get involved with the open source world by
> contributing to  e-cidadania .

You are very welcome to the project :) Do you have any experience with the
django framework? (http://djangoproject.com)

> I saw your ideas page for GSoC 2012 and wanted to work on "*Make debates
> usable on mobile devices*" project.
>
> I have a history of long time involvement with all the works I have
> undertaken, so I am planning to remain attached even after GSoC for the
> improvement of  e-cidadania .

That's good. Do you have experience with responsive designs? We are
currently using Bootstrap 2.0 to handle the design of e-cidadania. It
would be nice if you took this project.

> As I am new to GSoC and will be applying for the first time, so I wanted
> your guidance in this matter. It would be of great help if you provide me
> with more details about this project.

Don't worry about it, it's our first time too :) I recommend you to join
the e-cidadania development mailing list at ecidadania-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To join you have to send a blank email to
ecidadania-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the subject "subscribe" (without
the commas)

I leave you here some relevant URLs or our project. If you have any other
questions, about the project or the GSoC please feel free to ask :-)

http://ecidadania.org (official website)
http://dev.ecidadania.org (development page)
http://github.com/cidadania/e-cidadania (official repository)
http://docs.ecidadania.org (documentation)
http://demo.ecidadania.org (demo installation)

You can find me also at #ecidadania and #ecidadania-dev at
irc.freenode.net with the nickname "pizte"

Best regards,
Oscar Carballal

--
Móbil: (34) 620-734766 | oscar.carballal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx