[ecidadania-dev] django 1.5.1 support and other news

  • From: Oscar Carballal Prego <oscar.carballal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: e-cidadania development list <ecidadania-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:15:32 +0200

Hi everyone!

There are three good news I wanted to share:

First, we have support for django 1.5.1 at last! It's not 100% (the tests
fail) but it appears to be stable enough to say that this week we will
stablish it as our default, and we will deprecate django 1.2.3, which we
didn't really officialy support, but it worked =)

Second, the efforts to migrate to permission system have been started. Due
to the critical nature of this change, all the work will be done in a
branch called "guardian" and I'll sync as much as possible with master so
we don't have problems when we make the replacement.

Third, Piyush kindly offered himself to continue with the testing project.
That will be a great help for the platform and I can't thank him enough. He
plan to resume the work when he finish the exams.

That's all folks! :D

Regards,
Oscar

--
Oscar Carballal Prego
Software developer at Cidadania S. Coop. Galega

Twitter: @pizte
Skype: pizted
LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/puGJj9