[ebooktalk] Re: amusing mistakes

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 11:10:48 +0100

some of you may remember that when I read Sisterland earlier in the year my
enjoyment was only partly hampered by the insistence of the voice on my
Plextalk player referring to the Narrator's sister, who's name was Vi as six,
reading the letters as roman numerals.  Another one I've had lately was in a
book on my iPhone Kindle app where much of the action was set in fort
Lauderdale, Florida.  The place name was written as F t Lauderdale causing
Daniel to call it Featuring §.  Neither of these, however, surpasses the Wizard
of Ounces.