[ebooktalk] Re: amusing mistakes

  • From: "Elaine Harris \(Rivendell\)" <elaineharris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 20:10:26 +1100

Oh, I love "The Wizard of ounces".

I wonder if Tartt is an assumed name. The extra T added for effect or to
ward of coarse comments.

I used to refer to someone using the letter M twice, just as you would say
A.A., but write it without the fullstops. The computer would to call him
millimetres.

The only name I can come up with using so many repeated letter is
Woolloomooloo in Sydney. Pretty sure that is how it is spelt. Only the last
syllable is pronounced like a double O, to rhyme with moo.

Elaine