[ebooktalk] Re: Books of My Life

  • From: "Tar Barrels" <tar.barrels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 23:09:03 +0100

Clare, what a fantastically wide ranging set of titles. I wholeheartedly
approve of Pooh - one of my favourite characters, and still reading it when
I went to university!  I'm afraid I'm not a Bronte fan, but can appreciate
why Jane Eyre appeals so much. I'm afraid I've not heard of your third
author, but it sounds interesting. However, the one I really fancy is the
Lyttelton-Hart Davis letters - they sound quite delicious. I read PP Read
years ago, and can't now understand why I didn't return to him. Thanks for
mentioning him. I'm pleased you're going to read Watershiip Down - wasn't
The Girl in the Swing his first adult novel following the exploits of the
rabbits? I seem to remember it being a bit saucy back then, but we're used
to different things now so it might not seem that bad now. As for the Woman
in White - definitely! There's something a bit sordid about Wilkie Collins,
but I find it attracts me to his books.
June